I enjoy sharing what little I may know about photography, its tradition and history, the art of photography, digital photography, and related technologies. Contact me if you wish to explore the possibility of a visit to your local club or organization.
I have made numerous presentations on the following subjects including mini-workshops of 3-4 hours on narrow topics. I am very comfortable with Photoshop, Lightroom, and various add-on plugins to them. I also enjoy talking, conversing about photography in general and exploring different dimensions of it. The history of photography interests me and I like very much seeing the works of icons who made what we do possible. In case you may wonder, my current speaking fee at area clubs is $250 for a 60-75 minute presentation. If I need to drive more than 60 miles, I will need overnight accommodations for meetings starting at or after 7:30 PM.
With some advanced planning, any one of these can be converted to a mini workshop where the participants using their computers work on their photographs with the techniques explained in the program.
- Botanical Photography: The Aesthetics. Focusing mainly, but not exclusively, on flower photography, this presentation spends minimal time on techniques, tools, settings, but emphasizes looking at botanical subjects. The presentation outlines a series of concepts that may help improve flora photography. First made at the Roger Williams Park Botanical Center in May 2016, then at Fall River Camera Club in February 2017.
- Orchis: The Story Of the Ballet that Started With My Photographs. I will be very happy to share the story of how a collection of my photographs of dried orchid blossoms inspired an original ballet, Orchis with its original score and choreography and how it prominently displays the music video I created for this purpose as the dancers perform beneath a giant screen.
- B&W Conversion in Photoshop: A Vision Driven Approach. The methods of converting color images to B&W are well-known, this workshop or presentation focuses on why, when, what, and how to convert to B&W.
- B&W Conversion in Lightroom: Why, When, What, How. This presentation will address the issues related to color and how to decide what images to convert to B&W, why, and how to achieve the best results. Hint: Lightroom’s B&W tool will shortchange your options.
- Photoshop Layer Blend Modes. It covers a neglected but very potent toolset buried under a drop-down menu. Participants receive an outline of the workshop, a collection of very useful Photoshop actions. It is 3-hours long but can be reduced for a presentation.
- Outputting from Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom. This is a presentation I made at NECCC 2013. It explains a concise workflow to produce consistent print quality and to prepare files for photo lab printing. It is one hour-long, participants receive a digital copy of the detailed notes with screen captures and examples.
- Don’t Bruise The Pixels:
Nondestructive image editing in Photoshop and Lightroom
- Sharpening Workflow In Photoshop and Lightroom
- Printing Workflow for Maximum Quality
- HDR Processing and Extended Range Imaging
- Photoshop Is A Girl’s Best Friend:
Portrait and Model Photography Editing