Whatever the reason, I could not run any Adobe application this afternoon. This was after all my trials and tribulations as outlined in some earlier posts, frustrating. As I launched Photoshop or Acrobat, I received a message window to tell me that “The license for this product stopped working” on its title bar and instructed me to contact my IT department. At the end of the message, there was a cryptic error code “148:3”.
My product was fully installed, running, and performing well. So it was a licensing issue I thought. I looked in the directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Aplication Data\FLEXnet
and saw a .log file. Looking into this text file revealed a message “Our service is disabled.” If you run into this problem, you may want to know what I did. I am telling you what I did and you follow it at your own risk.
- I went to “Start/Run” and typed “services.msc” into the “Open” field, then pressed [Enter]
- Looked for “FLEXnet Licensing Service” under the column labeled “Name”
- Its status showed “Stopped” which was the cause of my problem
- I right-clicked on “FLEXnet Licensing Service”, selected “Properties”
- Under the “General” tab, I set the startup type to “Manual” and clicked on “Start” to start the service
- I was not sure about this, but I tried it anyway: Under the “Recovery” tab for the first failure, I chose “Restart the Service”
- Clicked OK
Photoshop and Acrobat started fine. I do not know what made the licensing service to stop. But now, I know how to kick start that again.